Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nurse Appreciation Day! Wax Paper Part 2

My theme of the week:  watercoloring with stencils and wax paper!  I was asked for two nurse appreciation cards and drew some inspiration from two weekly card challenges:  CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion!

Using the technique from last week's Technique Tuesday video - I decided to once again use wax paper (not like I'm doing anything in the kitchen lately!)

First, I cover 2" of my card with post-it note tape.

Then, I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder to emboss the wax paper (curl side down).  Then I ironed the embossed image (curled side up) onto 120lbs cardstock.  I used my distress inks over the waxed image.  I pulled up the post-it tape, added my sentiment, and some Heartfelt Creations flowers and leaves!  Super fun to make... and yes mom, I own an iron!


1 comment: