Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nurse Appreciation Day Cards: Using wax paper

My theme of the week:  watercoloring with stencils and wax paper!  I was asked for two nurse appreciation cards and drew some inspiration from two weekly card challenges:  CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion!

Using the technique from last week's Technique Tuesday video - I decided to once again use wax paper (not like I'm doing anything in the kitchen lately!)

First, I cover 2" of my card with post-it note tape.

Then, I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder to emboss the wax paper (curl side down).  Then I ironed the embossed image (curled side up) onto 120lbs cardstock.  I used my distress inks over the waxed image.  I pulled up the post-it tape, added my sentiment, and some Heartfelt Creations flowers and leaves!  Super fun to make... and yes mom, I own an iron!



7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous background you created with the waxed paper - such a fun technique - your colors and florals are beautiful on both cards! thanks for joining us in the Fusion challenge Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique, I'm going to need to try that. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a nurse and I would so appreciate receiving your lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sue! Happy Nurse Appreciation Week and Happy belated Nurse Appreciation Day! We also gave these little nuggets of fun to all of our district school nurses!

    http://dontrunwiththescissors.blogspot.com/2015/05/happy-nurse-appreciation-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous embossed wax paper backgrounds and gorgeous cards! So glad you played along with FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such lovely cards! I love the technique you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. it is true, in fact when it comes to health, there is nothing more important than managing to eat healthy food and doing exercise regularly.
    regards,

    Nursing Jobs Australia

    ReplyDelete