Friday, September 1, 2017

I'm seeing dots....Polka dots


I'm seeing Polka Dots!  It was fate that the next Inky Paws Challenge from Newton's Nook was 'Polka Dots'.  I had just come across the die cut from that I had to have because I watched Jennifer McGuire's video on it... and said to myself "You really should play with that!"  Thank you Newton's Nook for encouraging me to do just that!

I tried 4 of the ways that Jennifer McGuire used the die.  I wasn't interested in trying the dry emboss method at this time - I was having more fun with ink and sparkles.


The card above was created by blending distress oxide inks and then running it through with the Polka Dot Die.  Don't move too quick.... make a plan for those itty bitty circles... which brings me to the next card!  This was finished by placing the die cut on some double sided tape and adding glitter to the little circles.  Definitely have a plan if you are going to stick each of these circle down!




America runs on Dunkin... and so do I.  I love this Connecticut coffee mug that I've brought to my Atlanta office.  I die cut the polka dots out of a piece of paper and, like the card above, placed it on double sided tape and added glitter to the little dots.


Caio, Bella!  This card was made by making a stencil with the die.  I decided to create the Italian Flag and then added some sparkle.  I didn't realize I picked a pearlized sparkle spray which is why the colors have a little white in them.  I placed Newton on a card that I clear embossed some of the Italian words from the stamp set.



Lastly, I created the tri-fold card.  I had so much fun coloring in these two kittens in the likeness of Luna and Stella.  I really wish I could make one of them MJ - be he is an all black cat!  One day... one day I'll figure this out.

Thanks for stopping by!



Crafty SuppliesCrafty Places to Buy them
Distress Oxide Inks

My Favorite Things Polka Dot Die

Newton's Nook Autumn

Newton's Nook Cozy Day In

Newton's Nook Dreams of Italy

Newton's Nook Newton Loves Coffee

Simon Says Stamp Thankful

Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers


Spectrum Noir Markers

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card.
    Thanks for linking up the the Inky Paws Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I, too, need this die! I am so loving ALL your darling polka dotted creations! They are so, so fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fabulous!! I love each variation you've come up with and your super sweet images paired with each design!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Inky Paws!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this die and loved that video from Jennifer McGuire too. Your cards are gorgeous as always. My fave is the dotted one with foam squares behind for dimension. Thank you for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenge this week. Join in the next one too. Hugs, Zsofi

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! You created so many cool polka dot cards! I love them all! Thanks for sharing your creations!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete