Sunday, September 10, 2017

Falling for Autumn and hiding from Irma!

As we are finishing up preparing for Hurricane Irene, I snuck in a few hours in the craft room!  Jennifer McGuire did a blog post on Stained Glass Window Stamping and I feel in love with it.  I didn't have the supplies she did but did come across my Newton's Nook fall leaves and it worked perfectly.  Since I used stamps in each of these cards, I'm entering these in the Simon Says Stamp Monday & Wednesday Challenges of 'Stamp It'.
This first card includes a Memory Box 'Thank You' sentiment.  I used the heat resist acetate and embossed two leaves in gold embossing powder.  I die cut the maple leave entirely and then half of the oak leaf.  Underneath is watercolor paper that I blended a few colors to make.  This card will be entered into the Memory Box Challenge #28 'Falling For Autumn Cards'


I enjoyed and love the technique so much, I tried another one using handmade paper.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I am entering this into the Rubbernecker Stamp Challenge 'Monochromatic'


Happy Crafting!  


Crafty SuppliesCrafty Places to Buy them
Heat Resistant Acetate

Hero Arts Prayers

Newton's Nook Beautiful Leaves

Newton's Nook Beautiful Leaves Die

Ranger Gold Embossing Powder

Tsukineko Versamark Emboss Ink Pad Watermark

2 comments:

  1. beautiful cards Lisa...love our shimmery leaves...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn cards are some of my favorites, and I love yours, Lisa! The gold embossing adds a lovely shimmer! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete