Thursday, August 20, 2015

4CC Challenge #260 - Distressed

Welcome Back!  It's time for another 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge!  This week is all about distressing!  I don't know about you, but being in the studio is my 'distressing'!

This Autumn Greetings card is all about distress.  I started with white catdstock and painted it with black distress paint dauber so (acrylic paint).  I then embossed some flourishes and script with clear embossing powder.  Then I painted over the entire page with a raspberry paint dauber.  When it was almost dry, I wet a cloth and wiped the paint off the the embossed images.

The leaves were made from th Lawn Fawn stitched leaf die from watercolor paper.  I used some distress inks to blend some oranges, yellows, and reds together.  The sentiment is embossed in gold and I added some bakers twine and a button to finish it off!

Get your craft on!  Come visit us at 4 Crafty Chicks Blog and submit your entry by noon on August 25th.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job creating this beautiful background! Love the embossed swirls and your leaves are just stunning! Great job on the challenge this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job creating this beautiful background! Love the embossed swirls and your leaves are just stunning! Great job on the challenge this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Lisa - awesome distressing goodness here!! I love your info on how you made your background - thanks for sharing that....sounds like you had fun making this one - WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being with us this month, this is so cool, I love fall, and your card is awesome. Great job with the challenge.
    Hugs,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing creation. Fabulous inspiration for us at 4CC

    Hugs
    Tamie

    ReplyDelete